Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hello family,

This week hasn't been as stellar as you would think, but then again it hasn't been horrible. On Wednesday, we went on exchanges with the ZL's I went with Elder Preator from Burlington WY who graduated with a whopping 25 other students besides him. The funny thing is, is Elder Preator is pretty normal; in fact I would so far as to say he's hilarious. So exchanges were fun.

We have had a couple lessons with our recent convert of about 3 months, Monica Santizo. One lesson in particular we were teaching the doctrine of christ and talked about repentance and overcoming trials. Monica was in tears for the whole lesson, desperately trying not to reveal her emotions. We don't have any idea of what she is going through but the lesson definitely helped her.

We recently found out that with one of our other recent convert/less active/part member family, Sandra, a miracle has occured. She has had epileptic seizures for the past 15 years of her life. Sandra has found out that when she keeps the commandments and comes to church her seizures cease to occur. I haven't seen her at church my whole 2 &1/2 months I've been here at Riverside. Needless to say she's been having a lot of seizures. She went in to the doctor and found out she has a big ol' cancerous tumor on her ovary and there's nothing the doctors can do about it. We offered to give her a blessing and she hastily accepted and asked me to say it, I felt prompted to say as she follows the commandments exactly this cancer will pass her by without after-effects. She went into the doctor for another checkup and the doctor said it's a miracle but they can shrink the tumor with chemo and remove it in 6 weeks. WOW. Unfortunately she didn't show up to church on Sunday so I guess she's going to die........haha jk.(just kidding) But, we're planning on going to see her on Wednesday because it's her daughter Stephanie's cumpleanos. (birthday)

That's basically all this week. Thank you for the package, I'm planning on making those cookies sometime this week. (We sent all the makings for Pumkin Choc Chip cookies that he can make and share..it makes a ton!) I've had some of the pasta, and it's fantastic. I'm currently deciding to live off of tuna, 100% whole grain bread, mangoes, eggs, and sweet potatoes in a push to lose weight. It'll be fun.

Well I love you all, miss you dearly, and am extremely jealous of the hawaii trip. I can't believe you decide to go AFTER I leave. Just like there are going to be 3 WEDDINGS IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS OF MY MISSION!! Great planning. Bye

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment