Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lunch with Holli! (and the boys...Ryan, Rocco and Jax!)

February 21, 2012

Hello Everyone,

It feels good to have my occupation. My job is to make other people happy, to bring them the gospel and enrich their lives as the Lord see fits. I have the opportunity to experience diverse culture, and get to know others on a deep spiritual level. I'm a predictably dressed minister, therapist, and philosopher in a most unpredictable world. My idea of a good time is pitting my scripture mastery skills against my friends, seeing how many pass along cards we can get to stick in the ceiling, and eating ridiculous quantities of unhealthy tacos. I work long hours, receive terrible pay, my living conditions could be viewed as abominable to some, and I'm forced to live with a companion of opposite personality as I. Some people despise my purpose and message, while others view it as their salvation. I'm in a white shirt and tie sweating in the sun. I'm a charming smile and, “when can we come back”? I'm a seller of divine goods that have no expiration date. I'm a missionary, and I'm proud of it.

This week has been fairly uneventful. We picked up three new investigators (some kind of flaky) and I've started to see the area grow more and more. I would have to say being able to see Holli and Ryan at Yardhouse was the highlight of the week. It was awesome to see her, Ryan and the boys. For those who are receiving this email who don't know Ryan and Holli they are my cousins who live about 40 mins away from me. We had an awesome lunch and talked for about 2 hours there, on P-day mind you, so it wasn't a waste of time. I didn't really have a chance to share a testimony with her there because the environment wasn't really right. I just sent her this:

Holli! I completely forgot to say thank you. The lunch was awesome and I loved being able to see you and your boys (all three). Feel free to send me an email about your thoughts on the website. I email once a week on Mondays and can email all family. Holli, this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it all sounds redundant to you, and people have told you and your husband this time and time again, but this is the way to true happiness. I have met hundreds of people here in Riverside, and I can see the difference of people who live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and those who don't. They receive blessings beyond anything they can imagine. Please take 10 minutes sometime today (this is going to be a little weird) find a quiet place and kneel down, and open up your heart to God. He is waiting to hear from you and Ryan. If you can't think of anything to say just sit there in silence and think. I can promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ that you will receive an answer from your Father in Heaven. I didn't really have a chance to say this yesterday because the environment wasn't really right. I love you Holli.

-Matt

This truly is the work of the Lord and I'm so blessed to be a part of it. I love you and challenge you to do the same as I challenged Holli. Love you all!

-Elder Dial

1 comment:

  1. Wow! He sounds fabulous. What a great young man. He is not afraid to share the word.

    ReplyDelete