Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 16, 2011

Hello family,
How is everyone? I've had a swell week. I'm working on my sixth week, it seems to fly by faster and faster. But it's weird because it doesn't seem like I'm going to Riverside in three weeks it more seems like I'm going home after because this place is like jail in a lot of ways. The longer you're here the more you're respected. My district is more respected than our zone leaders.....But I'm cool with it. Elders Snow, Martinez and Brandon leave on Monday and I'm really sad. That's the district I told you about that we stay up all night with and talk about life. Elder Gavin Salisbury, Elder Colin Maxfield, and Elder Jordan Davis all from Olympus are here, they got here last Wednesday. I'm still waiting on the pictures from Kathy and more from y'all so if the process could be sped up that would be great. We got a new Elder in our district, his name is Elder Maradiaga. He's from Honduras and he's going to Orlando Spanish speaking. He was moved into our district because he was having some issues with the rules and we were asked to set him straight. He is having somewhat of a rough time, and I can't blame him. His mother was killed 5 months ago in an armed robbery, and his sister was diagnosed with cancer before he left on his mission and is supposed to die while he is out. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. He was put as Elder Applegate's companion (the one from Bountiful) and Elder Mc Ewen (Applegate's former companion) was moved into a trio with Painter and Wilde. Elder Applegate was named the new DL, and his mother (the one you called with his plaque scripture), sent the whole district paddleballs. Needless to say, we aren't bored as a district. The Primary President came and spoke to us and it was suprisingly good. Sister Wixom was very good. We had a District devotional review and our whole district was in tears. The spirit was very strong. I performed an arrangement of Come Thou Fount, and it went well for the 12 people I sang it for. The arragement we sang was very simple and mediocre....when we first got it. Me and Applegate completely tore that thing a part and we sang it for the SENIOR MISSIONARY ORIENTATION......but that's ok I sang well. Elder Prince, our former DL got a bottle of Martinelli's in the mail. He didn't drink it but we did all go in the showers and pop the cap like it was champagne. I love our district. and I love yall and miss you.
Love Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment