Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18th

Hello Family,
So I'm not sure how you looked up my apartment on google earth. Did you talk to Sister Robinson or something? This week has been a little bit slow. Actually very slow. My Trainer is Elder Fisher from Montana. He's been out almost a year and he's a little different. He's all into dungeons and dragons and things like that, but i love him. We live in Indio, but we are opening a new area and live about an hour outside of it. Our area is in Salton City, Thermal, and Mecca and some of Coachella. It's rough. My companion doesn't really seem to like to work, for example: we only tracted 4 hrs this week. We haven't taught a lesson yet, let alone get in any doors. We don't have any investigators, but we do have one potential. His name is Rigoroberto, we met him while we were tracting and we gave him a BOM and challenged him to read 3 Nephi 11. My Spanish sucks. This is God's work but it's rough. Meanwhile, we're rooming with an Elder Chambers, and Elder Larson. Elder Larson came in my week and they've got like 10 hrs of tracting and eight lessons. It's a little frustrating but I know it'll pick up. Church was a little rough, because I can't speak it. Native speakers are a lot different than MTC gringos. You can't understand them! I'll be needing prayers from everyone.......even Tai. Anyway, that's good news about Shay and Barry. I totally called they were going to get married on the first day i met him. Well I know that what I'm doing is the Lord's work and that I'll be blessing people's lives sooner or later. Love you and pray for you every day.
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Okay...this just pulls at the heart strings...I am definitely remembering Elder Dial in my prayers! He is awesome...wish I could've heard his solo...

    ReplyDelete