Monday, August 22, 2011

Transferred

Hello everyone,
So, after one transfer in the desert, Elder Dial has been transferred to the Riverside Zone in the California Riverside, Spanish Speaking Mission. I'm happy and sad about it. I'm sad because I love the Ward and our investigators here, but I'm kind-of happy/excited to get a new companion. It's virtually the first time I haven't gotten along with someone and it kills me. But, I've been transferred and that's that. My new companion will be Elder Meldrum. I don't know anything about him. I talked to him on the phone for about 5 minutes and from there he seems like a pretty cool guy. Elder Chambers told me he is just another Elder Dial (good or bad?). So spread the word, send all mail to the MISSION OFFICE. 5900 Grand Avenue Riverside, California 92504 My new ward is the Barrio Mision Ward. I don't know what the Spanish:English ratio is but it can't be as good as here. This week was quite uneventful. We actually did give a blessing this week. The Beltran's are a young couple family, Abel is a full fledged member, and Adaline is a "I was born Catholic, Ima die Catholic." She was in the hospital getting ready for her see-section and Abel's dad couldn't show up for a blessing. He called us and we gave the blessing for comfort and that everything would go well during the surgery. Abel gave it and it was a great blessing. As soon as he blessed the baby to be well/strong and to hold out for the surgery, the moniter next to the bed, taking the baby's pulse, started to read off louder and louder pulses. I think that was a huge testimony builder for her. Adaline has been taught all the lessons multiple times but as soon as anyone mentions una fecha bautismal she freaks and closes up. Hopefully now that the baby is on the outside she won't be so moody. This email is going to be a little short because I only have an hour now to pack everything I have to be ready to go at 3. I love everyone. Thanks mom for the package I appreciate it as well as the rest of my District.
Love,
Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment