Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just another day knockin' :)

January 30, 2012
Hello everyone,
Last week was kind of rough and slow because the other spanish elders moved appartmentsand we were busy taking random loads to the dump and to the new appartment. So we didn't have as many lessons as I would've liked but I'm pleased with the outcome of our week in the end.
On Wednesday we did the activity for the youth. We talked all about misisonary work and we showed the District 2 to all the youth. All four of us missionaries bore our testimonies after and it was super good. That Saturday, we took the youth out to knock doors. I took a group, Elder Robertson took a group and the other elders took groups to separate areas to knock doors. I had TJ Ferrell 12 (dad is white and mom is peruvian), Larry Gonzalez 14, Josh Valle 16, and Julio Messias 13. Before we started knockin, Josh and I went to an appointment we had to ask if we could move it back in the day. The mom answered the door and called her son over to talk to us because she didn't understand. He came out clearly upset. We asked if Jose and Maria were there. He said he didn't know who they were (we had the wrong address) and so I rattled off the regular introduction and he waited till I was done and finally said. "Ya'll just buggin round here go head and keep walkin." I asked, "Ya know all we're here for is to help you, your family and everyone else to come closer to Jesus Christ." He said, "I already ****** know Jesus ya'll don't need to ****** tell people how to worship, I already ****** know Jesus!" So I politely sarcastically replied, "How did you come to know Jesus?" and he yelled, "*** !" and slammed the door. That was Josh's first time knocking a door. I walked away with a smile, and Josh asked, "How do you deal with that?" I said, "You just kinda get used to it and I guess that black tag kinda just makes you happy."
So we got back to the car and went on to knockin down some doors. Josh and Julio took one side of the street and Larry, TJ, and I took the other. Amazingly we got four return appointments in about 40 minutes. Two of which were had read or already were reading the BoM. Impressive. The youth loved it. We came back and had pizza and dropped off the youth and went on with our day. On Sunday they all went up and bore their testimonies and it was awesome. They said they all want to go on missons now and are super excited.
The work is great and I love you all.
Elder Matt
p.s. Send everything to the mission address 5900 Grand Ave. 92504...there's a good chance I may be transferred...I've been here 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment