Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Transferred to Jurupa!

January 7, 2012

Hello everyone,

So I have been moved out of Riverside after an awesome 6 months. This transfer I will be going to the Jurupa Zone (which is the zone next door) with Elder McGill. Elder McGill is from Texas but from Puerto Rico originally. He has been out for 21 months. Unfortunately, he got transferred in this transfer too.....therefore this will be the SECOND time being doubled-in (whitewash, every mission has a different term for it) to an area.

There hasn't been any work in this area for a LONG time and I'm excited to get it going. We have I think 2 investigators, they aren't progressing, and we still have to figure out the boundaries of our area. It's going to be fun to start anew and get something going. Also my Spanish is going to improve a lot because Elder McGill is a native.

. I kinda wish I would have been able to stay another transfer because we were just starting to see some success out of our finding. We found 9 new investigators last week and 21 more potentials, 6 of which are or have read the Book of Mormon. Hopefully I'll return for some baptisms in that area.

Nothing really extraordinary has happened this week other than getting transferred. I moved into the nicest apartments in the mission....that was nice. Sorry Mexico. (Matt sends these also to some of his MTC district…who are serving in Mexico…) We've got stainless steel appliances, crown molding, hardwood floors...it's pretty sweet. But, I don't have much more time because we have to go out and get to work. Love you all so much and I miss and pray for ya'll daily!

-Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment