Monday, April 23, 2012

Hello Everyone,

This week was a good one. We didn't really teach the amount of lessons we wanted to, but it was still good. Eric, is still progressing on his way to baptism. He was at the beach Friday, Saturday, and we texted him Saturday night, asking if we were going to see him, he was like, “ I'll try, but I can't promise” ....usually that means nope. He showed up! He told his dad (less active) he needed to go to church on Sunday and they left their cousins house where they were staying and the whole family came home so Eric could go to church. I love this work. It's the best. We talked to a lot of people this week and are in the process of refreshing everything. Eric is basically the only one who is progressing so....time to go out and knock doors, and get sweaty in this early summer weather. I HATE THE HEAT. I kinda just want it to be snowing....about five minutes from walking to from the apartment, I looked over to Elder McGill (who is an islander mind you and is accustomed to the heat) "I'm already sweating. This is going to be a long summer." The high was like 102 this week. AWFUL. I'll never live in a hot place. (Speaking of hot places, Elder Long (one of Matt’s friends…also w/diabetes is in an adjoining mission) we met a pastor for an SDA church who used to pastor in San Ysidro. Must be fetchin hot over there bro. Actually my greenie area bordered what I think is your area. Are you at all close to the Salton Sea? that was my first area. ya WAAAY HOT. )

Anyways, we’ve got Eric's baptism next week, all we have to do is teach the rest of the commandments then we're done. This week will probably be all finding. I'm excited. I love going up to random people and them just being able to open up to me and express their life story like its nothing. This is the best work and I'm almost half-way out of time....not cool. Love you all and pray for you daily!

-Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment