Monday, May 7, 2012

New Companion-Elder Forster


May 7, 2012

Dear Family,

This week has been kinda dece but good. We talked to a lot of people, however, didn't get hardly any lessons. We taught Ricardo the plan of salvation, this guy is golden. Accepted everything, had a testimony of JS and the LDM before we even knocked that metal security door one finds all too often here in Riverside (faith doors in missionary language).

We taught Julio (brother to Eric our RC who got baptized last week), we taught the restoration and he accepted to be baptized on the 27th of May. We received a referral from one of our members. Her name is Jennifer, and she is from Peru, got baptized at 8 and went inactive. Wants to come back to church and has kids.  Lots of things are happening in our area that I'm excited about.

My new companion's name is Elder Forster. Great guy, been out for 20 months, and he's serving in his greenie area for his last. That's cool, I hope I can do that as well. He is 6'3 is planning on walking on to USU's bball team. He's from small-town Colorado, and graduated with a whopping number of 25 other students in 2010. Something that I'm excited about is he brought in a TON of weights. He brought an Olympic size bench with a couple plates, about everything from 45lbs to 10lbs in dumbbells, and is willing to share! For the past 3 months I've gotten up at 5:45 and lifted until 7:00. I'm excited to serve with him. He is a great missionary who has had a lot of success. The only thing I'm worried about is he's a TERRIBLE driver, absolutely awful!

I'm going to hit my year mark on Fri and I'm excited to work my butt off for the 2nd. Last night we had a charla fogonera on the book of Mormon. It was incredible. We invited 5 surrounding Spanish congregations, to attend. We had Jim Parks come and give it. He served his mission in Argentina and has been workin with beaners ever since so his Spanish is immaculate. He talked about evidences of the Book of Mormon. There are so many it's UNREAL! The Book of Mormon is true, without a doubt in my little diabetic heart. I could read it for the rest of my life and be satisfied. I feel so special to be able to know this gospel and be blessed enough to have been born into it. All those who haven't read in a while, READ. If you're inactive, GET ACTIVE, in the words of Jeffery R. Holland (that guy's mah boy). You can know it's true whoever you are and it all starts with YOU. Love you all and miss you tons!

-Elder Dial
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment