Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Monday June 18, 2012

Hello everyone,

Happy Fathers DAY!!!!!! This week was alright. We didn't teach as many lessons or contact as many people as last week but still decent.

I want to talk about Adriana. She is an investigator who is on date for the 1st of Julio. Super solid golden, anything to describe a great investigator you would call her. On Saturday, we had a ward activity for Fathers and Mothers day. Bishop felt bad that they didn't do anything for mother’s day so they made it for both. It was a dinner, supposed to start at 5 ended up starting at 545, classic Spanish, and we ate dinner, and there was like a talent show type thing. To start it off, Bishop asked the missionaries to do a song. Obviously, as usual, nobody wanted to sing so I ended up doing a solo (schmucks). I sang a primary song about mothers, and everyone was in tears...OBVI.

Adriana came to this activity and was havin a great time, minglin with members and enjoying food. Sunday comes....and she doesn't show up. Apparently her hija  (daughter) has problems with drugs and all kinds of other stuff, and Adriana had to stay home. I HATE SATAN. He sucks, and ruins people. Guadalupe, same thing. Showed up to the dinner, and probably had more fun than Adriana, but SATAN ruins it. Our investigators who did show up were Jose Casarrubias, and Daniel Gomez. Jose, I'm amazed with; his family and his cousins family all share one house. He's 16, has CATHOLIC parents and is living in a house of SIN. His cousins, Paco and Jerry, are members, got baptized, and sealed in the temple with their parents and sister. Man, are they wicked. Their favorite pass-times are, drinking, smoking, drinking, fornicating, drinking, saying grocerias, drinking, breaking the law of chastity, and drinking with their dad. We've been doing a lot of work with that family. I LOOVE THEM, they’re hilarious; they remind me of my family (only more wicked). It's funny because we'll be having a lesson with José and I'll say Paco what's the definition of faith for you? he'll say, “It's f******** like when you believe in something and you can't really see it but you can feel it's there like.........” and says something inappropriate that I don't say because I’m a missionary ;). They know the gospel, but, I don't know. they’re interesting. Don’t get me wrong, super giving loving family, just kind of a skewed view of the gospel.

 Jose is on date for the 8th. Daniel was a referral from Hermana Campos. She like houses a bunch of illegals when they first cross the border and gives them to us as referrals. Super Tight. I only know that because I've received 9 referrals from this lady and the all live in her house.....fishy. But we haven't taught Daniel yet but he seemed to like church a lot. We'll put him on date On martes. (Tuesday) That’s basically it.

 Love you all and hope que tenga una buena semana! (you have a great week!)

-Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment