Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Disappointments must come

 

Hello everyone,

This week was.....good up till Sunday. We taught a bunch of lessons, contacted a bunch of people, we were supposed to have a baptism on Sunday......but IT FELL THROUGH THAT DAY!! I don't understand these people. How can one say that oh ya yayaya I'm comin to church for sure without a doubt! and not show up? We were supposed to have a total of 14 people to church with LA's (less actives) and investigators.....and we had TWO investigators to church!! We visited 5 of the 14 in the morning before church because we're blessed enough to have a car...and not one of them showed up!

 This is the Most fulfilling and frustrating work I've ever done in my entire life (sorry about the misspells in this muff the computers are alllll freezin up and I’m too lazy to type everything and go back and fix it and wait for it to unfreeze).

On the upside we received another SOLID referral from a member named Adriana. She is from Acapulco Mexico and is black as night. The first time I met this woman I approached her with my very slight black accent (IDK why I do it when I talk to black people but I do) and talked to her in English. This woman doesn't speak a word of English. Puro espanol. When I say black I mean this woman could play in the WNBA black. She wears ghetto black girl clothes, big lips, curly hair the whole deal....but Mexican. She's got three kids, a son who’s like 19, 14 yr old daughter, and another older daughter who moved out already. She's so tight. She's on date for the 1st and has already talked to members about her baptism. She'll for sure get baptized, she's awesome. We're going to visit her 3 times a week.

Our baptism that was supposed to happen fell off the face of the earth so that stinks.  We'll have to get contact of him and get that fool to church and dunk him and lay our hands on that fool so he can feel that constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Oh well.

Love you all!

-Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment