Monday, July 2, 2012

Every week is a good one when wearing the black tag!


Hey everyone,
This week was a goood one...well every week is a good one as long as you have a black tag on. The mission is great. The gospel is the best. We taught a good amount of lessons, and contacted a lot of people but we both got deathly sick. Started out with a sinus infection, went to a gnarly cough and sore throat, and ended with a worse sinus infection. But, we didn't take a second to rest. There is so much to do in this work, there isn't time to get sick, or to even think about getting sick. Wednesday, I was the sickest and we taught 5 lessons and talked to 30 people. I popped 800mg of tylenol, chugged some tussin, and went out with a box of tissues (which was out by 5), and cough drops in hand....and I felt awful. Today being pday, I'm going to take a long gnarly nap. But ya I was an awesome week.

On Saturday, we had to go on splits. Elder Forster and I have kinda just been teaching the same people for a while and it's time to refresh the pool. So he took Hno (Brother) Robledo out and I took Julio Cabral. Hno Robledo is sick. He's like a fetchin Samoan on steroids but he's Mexican. Love it. Julio is 17 yr old who didn't have anything to do, or any idea what he was getting himself into:) hehe. Elder Forster and Brother Robledo dropped us off and we walked for 5 hrs straight talking to people, while they taught 4 lessons. Julio was exhausted and said he was never going to come out with me ever again. Lies. He bore his testimony in Fast and Testimony meeting yesterday, and talked about the experience he had. For missionaries, it's normal to approach cholos and homeless people and testify of the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. We do it all day ervery day. For a junior in high school...not so much. So we were walking and we went to the nearest park. First group of people we talk to, all straight up gang bangers bro. They all had their fortys and it reaked of weed, and Julio after told me that 4 of the 7 guys all had guns on them. hahahahahaha ME RIO DE PELIGRO!!!!!!! Spanish. Translate it, (direct translation…I river in danger…????go Elder Dial!)  think Lion King!  Went and talked to them and Julio was silent, didn't say a word. He's a big dude too. About as tall as me, 205, Started varsity football as a sophomore, he's a pretty strong kid. But just stood there. Hilarious. I love missionary work. I love my mission. I love my call. I love the gospel. I'm gonna kill myself in 10 months when I have to take this tag off.

 Luis Sanchez is progressing. This week we had a great couple lessons with him, but, the one yesterday was the best. He was in tears the whole time. He told us he wants to change. He wants to change. He smokes tobacco and marijuana daily, has a tattoo shop in his garage, and his wife is in Mexico trying to get papers sorted out, so it's hard for him to keep other commandments as well. He told us straight up I want to change. So I told him to give me his weed prescription (not telling him what I was going to do), and ripped it up, we destroyed his cigarettes and threw away his weed and anything that would even come close to tempting him to break any commandment. We told him he needed to shut down the tattoo shop....that's going to be a hard one. It's his only way of income, and he supports himself and 3 three kids and his wife (kids and wife in Mexico). We felt prompted to promise that God will give him another job IF he shuts it down and keeps the commandments. I still think he's shaky on that one. But, we are going to start visiting him daily.
Man this is the best thing in the world. I love it. Love you all and tell the Ward family they will be in my prayers. dueces!

-Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment