Monday, July 16, 2012


Monday July 16, 2012

Hello mi gente (my people),
This week was fantastic! Wanna know how you can be as happy as me? Serve God with all your heart, might, mind and strength! Ya it was good.

We taught a lot of lessons this week and found a good amount of potential investigators. Daniel is an investigator from Guatemala, and he is prepared by the Lord. All he has to do is overcome a couple commandments and he can have his sins washed away by the authority of God.

 Luis, the tattoo guy, hasn't been doing so well. We had a lesson at the capilla (chapel/church) and did a church tour after. He's really into art so he would stop at every painting and look at it and examine it. We got to the Seminary room and....things went downhill. Totally unexpected. He saw a picture of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve, and asked who they were (understandable). We told him and he didn't like it. One, he didn't like the fact that there isn't a glimpse of brown skin in either of the photos. Two, he thinks Thomas S. Monson is from The Sopranos and is an Italian Mobster. REEEAAAAAL dumb concern. But I've heard worse. He went to Mexico to visit his wife so we haven't been able to teach him until he comes back. We have a lesson tonight. Hope it goes well. I love Luis so much I talk to him in tu form! haha spanish speakers.

We're bringing Hno Ruiz who just moved here from West Jordan. Super cool family. Hopefully he can bring it home for us.

Adriana is tight. She is lista para bautisarse (ready for baptism) but she wants to wait for her best friend to come home from Mexico. She's been there for like a month and we don't know when she's going to return. Her husband with talk to her tonight and give us some information and we'll talk about if we should baptize without the hermana (sister).

I'm having a hard time with my companion. I love the guy with all my heart and soul but he has some anger issues. I'm a happy go lucky guy and don't really know how to deal with it. I've been praying and asking God for patience and guidance, I hope it comes soon.

 I LOVE THE MISSION. It's the best thing in the world. It's the hardest thing in the world. It's the most fulfilling thing in the world. I love feeling each drop of sweat drip down my back in this smoggy, hot, disgusting, but absolutely beautiful place. I love sharing the gospel. I live in a crammed apartment with three other 20 year old men. We do a couple things different than other 20 year olds in this world. We talk to everyone. We declare people to repentance every day. We study missionary library three hours a day. We are bilingual. We dress in shirts and ties all day every day. We bring souls to Christ. I love it.

Love you all too!

Elder Matt



The photos
1. Where I live (don't misinterpret the beautifulness of the picture, it was probably 97 when I took that) and like 106 during the day
2. Elder Santos from Uruguay and Me. I've been with him in the same ward or apparment his whole mission. I also just realized that I've been in the city of Riverside for a year o_0
3. Elder Johnson from Michigan on Mt. Rubidoux. I've done this little mountain like 12 times as a Zone activity because I've been in this city for a year




No comments:

Post a Comment