Monday, November 19, 2012

Hard work brings results!



Hello mi gente/family,

This week was GRRRREEAT!!!!! I receive emails from a lot of people, one being from Elder Scott Long in San Diego. He set a goal for 20 lessons with a member present. That goal that he set, inspired me quite a bit. This week we ended it with 14 member present lessons. 2 other lessons and 4 RCLA's (recent convert or less active). It was a GREAT week. On Saturday night we had 10 lessons for the week.

 I said, "Elder Allen, how bad do you want to get 20 lessons this week?" He said, "Bad." I said, "Ok." So we split up with members of the ward on Sunday, cancelled dinner, and went out and worked from 4 to 9. In total we got 10 lessons for the night. It was amazing.

This house blessing thing that the mission is starting is the greatest thing that has happened in this mission for a while. Also, the mission compliment (missionary cap for our mission) we had (200), went up to 250 missionaries. We are going to see great things. I know I kind of seem like a number whore but this is what it's all about. Unfortunately numbers show if we are getting out and doing work or not. Anyways it was a great week.

I want to talk about some investigators that we found this week. We were knocking doors Saturday night with a member at about 7:45 and we knocked into Beatrice. She was quite distraught when we showed up. She automatically just opened up to us about EVERYTHING in her life. Her husband Francisco, clearly drunk off of his rocker, approached us while we were talking to her at the door. The first thing he said to us was, "We have problems." We talked about the blessing and told him it would only take about 5-10 minutes. He let us in and the war began. Beatrice and Francisco have SERIOUS relationship problems, and we ended up being there for about 45 minutes. They were straight up yelling at the top of their lungs, and I finally raised my voice above theirs and said, "OK, NOW we're going to do the blessing!" We knelt down and I said, "Kneel down with us." I may have been a little forceful but I was sick of listening to them bicker. Our member Angel, gave the blessing. It was one of the most spiritual moments of my mission. The dynamics of the WHOLE situation changed. Beatrice was in tears and said, "Please come back soon." She accepted to be baptized. We have to work with Francisco a little bit more. I haven't raised my voice at anyone for a while but it felt sooooooooo good.

 I loooove this work. I'm moving back to California after I go home, and I'm going to have a bishop here put me on a service mission for the rest of my liiyyyyiiiyyiyife. The mission is the greatest. Grandma and Grandpa Bevan are going on their 5th MISSION!! What an example. I strive to have the faith of my grandparents. The picture is a nerf gun war we had on Halloween. WE NERF HARD!!!!

Anyways, yeah,I love this life! BYE!!

-Elder Matt Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment