Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This was the greatest week EVER!



Hello everyone,

This week was the greatest week ever. We had thanksgiving. That was awesome. We ate two thanksgiving dinners on thanksgiving night. It was great. But, before that we got to play football for literally 6 hours straight. I realized I'm not as bad as I thought I was. I love football. So we played football in Riverside, Which was the same place I played last Thanksgiving, and I got to play with the same people. That was cool. Then we went to play in Menifee with both the Riverside, and Menifee zones. Basically, as a zone.....we wrecked. So we got home, relaxed, I lifted, took a nap, then went to our first dinner. It was great, we serve with another companionship in our ward, and the missionaries got their own turkey. We tore that bird apart.

To top it off, President Smart called it a non-proselyting day, so we wore regular clothes. It was a little weird but I was comfortable. We then went to our second dinner, and ate tamales, beef and chicken. Needless to say we were plenty full. I've found that my appetite has increased immensely on the mission.

 To make it an even better week we found 12 new investigators this week. This Harvesting Blessing is the GREATEST. It straight up brings the Spirit like a brick wall. We found one family of five this week. La Familia Hinojosa. They are soo solid. We were doing the Harvesting Blessing knocking doors and doing our thing at like 8pm and knocked into a lady who told us to come back. We came back and her husband was not there, so we sat down talked about the BOM and left her one, and set a return appt to come back and bless her home when the hubby was present. We came back, and picked up 4 more investigators on the spot. We commited them to come to church, 2 of them did. the other three were home taking care of mommy who was due to have her child on Saturday. They are soo prepared.

To top it off, their sister just got baptized in Vegas and moved here like 2 weeks ago. The sister Crystal brought them all to church. I'm excited to see them in the font. We have about 7 baptisms planned for December. This area is flourishing and it's only because we get out and work. 1 hr lunches?! Who needs and hour?! Try 20 minutes and going out to work for the day!!

This is the Lord's work. I know it. I'm thinking about extending my mission. I'm not positive, all I know is I don't want to stop being a missionary. Seeing the progress in one's salvation is the most fulfilling thing to see in this life. It is a glimpse of the celestial happiness that hopefully all of us will inherit.

 My family is the greatest. They enjoy sending me packages and mail for some reason. I won't complain. I'm so grateful for all the support and help that I receive personally and the support and help my family receives. Serve a mission. In a mission, true happiness lies. DO IT!

Love,

-Elder Matt Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment