Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy Day!!!!!



Hello everyone,

This week was absolutely the greatest. We did some SEEEEEERIOUS work. We found 18 new investigators. We taught 9 member present lessons. We taught 14 other lessons. As of now, we have 7 with a baptismal date. Needless to say, our area is flourishing. The people here in Moreno Valley and prepared, and accepting the Message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I want to talk about one of the more spiritual lessons I've had on my mission. We were knocking on doors offering the Harvesting Blessing, and we knocked into this family who straightway let us in and we blessed their home, and got a return appointment. We came back, and the lady (Delia) invited her daughter over to her apartment to sit down with us. Her daughter (Leticia) is a mother of two young men who both are serving in the Marines. A couple months ago, only one came home alive. Her son Anthony was killed in Afghanistan. She is a strong woman. However, she is angry with God. We taught the plan of salvation. We taught the whole lesson and she didn't ask a single question. We taught the three kingdoms, committed the family of 5 to be baptized, and then the questions rolled in.

She asked me in perfect English (which I had no idea she spoke English), “So where is my son?”

I answered, "Your son is in Spirit Prison waiting to accept the Gospel fully through baptism."

We explained temples, and the duty she had to be baptized so she could have the work done for her son.
 She said, "Normally, I wouldn't be open to talk to you guys, or anyone about religion at that matter. But, as of now, I'm just searching for hope and comfort. I'll look anywhere."

 I testified of the divinity of the Book of Mormon, and there was a long silence. Tears started to flow, and Elder Allen brought it home and bore his testimony about his little brother who is also entering in the Marines shortly, and realizes the fact that the same thing could happen to his brother. With tears rolling down his face, he testified of the Plan of Salvation and how he knows he'll be with his family no matter what happens. We left her with Alma 40 to read, and passed her over to the missionaries who are in her area. Mostly everyone was in tears during the lesson.....except for me. Cuz I'm a MAN! haha jk. but really...i didn't cry.

Then we picked up another family of 4-5 last night. We blessed their home, talked about the fruits of the Spirit, how to follow them, the importance of baptism, our purpose as missionaries, and committed them to be baptized. They said maybe. It was cool. Everyone was crying there too.

We have been listening to Cee Lo Green's Christmas CD which is the greatest. I cry every time I listen to, "Mary Did You Know?" Then we blessed a pastor's home and left a bom with him and he said he'd read.
This work is sooooo true. All we have to do to be happy is obey and work. THAT'S IT!!! I am so grateful I have an understanding of the Plan of Salvation. I have some family who hasn't been to church for a while. Enjoy it for now because when Elder Whammy gets home things are going to change. So, go out to dinner and Wal-Mart and stuff on Sunday as much as you can. Get your fill.

 Love you!

-Elder Matt Dial

P.S. Elder Spencer made me super sad when he brought to my attention that after this transfer, I've only got 3 more. That made me quite depressed. Sorry fam but I don't want to come home.

P.P.S. BTW my legs are suuuuuper sore. We did squats, deadlifts, and calves this morning. I'm gonna make my calves turn into cows.


No comments:

Post a Comment