Monday, January 28, 2013

This work is the BEST!

 
The Marquez Family

Monday January, 28, 2013

ALLLRIIIIIIIIIGHHHT!!!!!

 Como estan mis hijitos? (How are my children?)

 Man this week was soooo good. We had Multi-Zones on Monday and so P-Day was on Tuesday and it was the best. The Pena family (there's a tilde over the n) will be baptized this Sunday and soo will Eric. The Pena family consists of Silvia (mom) and Vianca (17yrold hija, sister) and we taught them the Law of Chastity and WoW this week along with other stuff. But, while we were teaching Chastity, We were like, "Will you live the law of chastity?" Silvia was like, "Well she's definitely not going to say no in front of me!" it was funny. Then we talked about it more and then Silvia was like, "Man, good thing you guys taught me this now that I'm married, cuz if you were to teach me this when I was younger it would have been impossible!" Not only was it super funny because this lady is like 250 lbs and super old, but the reaction of Vianca's face was priceless! She was soo embarrassed the whole lesson. They came to church and then left after the 2nd hour. We called them later that day to invite them to a baptism that the other Elders had, and both answered the phone at the same time. "So do you think you'll be able to make it?" Silvia was like, "No I don't think we will..." Vianca interrupted, "Why not mom?" then Silvia said, "Alright then! Looks like we'll make it there!" Haha gotcha. So ya. Then Eric is like 13 and the rest of his family is reactivated and he hasn't been baptized yet. It's pretty much a gift from God.

 So another story, Our WML (Ward Mission leader) Nefi Valsco,  went out with us and we talked about the Harvesting Blessing. He was like alll against inviting people to be baptized so quick. He was like on my mission we didn't invite to baptism till the 4th charla (discussion) and this and that.................garbage. So we took him to the Pena and taught them and he was like, "How did you find them?"
"Through the Harvesting Blessing...."
"That's a good technique Elders..." Pwah!! In your face.

18 Month Ceremonial Pant Burning
 
We talked to a guy dressed like a girl this week too. He totally fooled me till he told me his name. I contacted him and gave him the schpeil (no idea how to spell that). He was like, "stranger danger!" and I was like, "We represent Christ." he was like, "Oh." I was like, "Can we come and leave his peace and blessing on your home?" He was like, "Sure here's my address" I was like, "What's your name?" he was like, "Anthony."..............long pause...........I looked him up and down and saw a huge adams apple, man hands, 5 oclock shadow, and lack of breasts. He was like, "I just gave you my address...that's soo weird." I was like, "Here's a card. Bye." Gays.....

This work is the best. I can't wait to dunk some people hardcore. btw you all suck at replying to mail, except for my family. Time to go ball it up. Love you all. Pray that Rafael can get Sundays off so we can go swimming in the baptismal font together!!

-Elder Matt Dial
Matt's Son (Greenie)


 Elders Spencer and Ete

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Elder Allen got to serve with your son! He learned alot from him and will always have a life long friendship with him. Thanks for raising a fine young man that my son could look up to!

    ReplyDelete