Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This is His work and His Glory!


Hey skids,

Man I love being a missionary. It's the greatest. I love being the tool in the Lord's hands bringing people more align with His Gospel and His teachings. It's the greatest.

Our Zone is great. We have 8 companionships in our zone including senior missionaries. We live in a four man apartment. Our area is flourishing. All that we need are some white jumpsuits and everything would be perfect. This week was good. great. awesome. amazing. perfect. Every wie3ek is like that. We're soooooo busy. I can't believe that we just started week 3 of this transfer.

 We have been trying to contact Yoland forever. Her family is like soooo against us teaching her. We went to one of her the appointments and her daughter (we call her pimple cause she has terrible acne), comes to the door, and straight up lies and tells us she's not home and doesn't want us to come back. Like the night before she told us she was reading 1 Nephi 8 and had the word, "No te preocupes por tu familia." "DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR FAMILY!" So we have been trying to maintain contact with her but it's way hard. We're working with her.

We'll have a baptism from Eric Alvarez soon. He is 13, his mom and brother are both members. They all came to stake conference on Sunday. We're working a lot with the Peña family. Pray for them. They need to recognize that the answer they've received needs to translate into action.

We had a great week up until Sunday. We had 8 people say YES I'M COMING TO CHURCH! And one showed up. It's irritating. just come to church! tell me where that's from fellow missionaries. Ya I'm sick of people not coming to church. I want to kill Satan.

I love my Savior. He's the man. This is God's work. I'm sooo excited for all you deciding to serve missions. Our mission went from a 200 missionary cap to 250. So get out and you might get the opportunity to work with your buddy Elder Dial. Wouldn't that be sooo much fun? But, wherever you're called, that's where God wants you. This is the only time in life where you can know that this is exactly where God wants you. I'm scared for it to end, but until then I'm gonna fetchin work more holes in these shoes, and rip more holes in the crotch of my pants helping His children, know how to return to Him.

This is His Work and His Glory. "I know that I am nothing, as to my strength, I am weak. Therefore, I boast not of myself. But, I boast in my God, for in His strength I can do all things." God is good.

-Elder Matt Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment