Tuesday, February 19, 2013

WE ACHIEVED ALL OUR GOALS!



Hello everybody,

This week was great. We didn't do our best with Member Present Lessons, but we had two baptisms, one confirmation and six investigators at church. That completes the goal that Elder Johnson and I set at the beginning of the transfer. ALWAYS SET A BAPTISMAL GOAL WITH YOUR COMPANION AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH TRANSFER!

We discussed and prayed and made the goal for 5 baptisms, and because of our obedience, hard work, and faith, God came through and gave us 2 on the last day of the transfer. God loves us and wants us to be successful according to HIS will and not ours. So as we set goals, trying to align our will with His; it ALWAYS WORKS OUT. That's just how it works. We will be staying as companions for another transfer. We set the goal for 6 baptisms, this coming transfer. It will be difficult because this transfer is only 5 weeks. However, I know that God will provide.

 We also both set bench press goals :) Mine's 330 and Johnson's is 275. I'm very excited for this next transfer. We had some problem missionaries in the zone before, lazy, unmotivated, prideful, dead missionaries. There were a couple missionaries. God decided to pull all them out and give us some all-stars. Every single companionship in our zone besides the sisters, have a leadership calling. The Palm Desert Zone is going to baptize. I can't wait to do tons of interviews. It's gonna be good.

Yolanda dropped us. She's the super Christian lady who was on date for baptism this weekend as well. She was going to be baptized hardcore, but, the pastors of her other church are demons from Satan and prayed/blessed/gave her a new ministry and she got confused. We had a super intense lesson with her. We got there, asked her to get her BoM and she was like, "I have to talk to you first." Great. She told us how she's super confused and doesn't know what to do and wanted us to stop coming by even though she knows everything is true. We said, "Can we have a prayer?" this is in the middle of the lesson. She said a prayer asking God what she should do. After the prayer, we sat in silence for literally like 4:54 mins in COMPLETE SILENCE. She got up and talked about how she saw a tip of a star with a beams of light coming off of it (no idea what the fetch that is supposed to mean). Then said that Satan was in the house confusing her. We said, "We have the authority to cast out spirits." She said, "Do it." We placed our hands on her head. As soon as I said, "In the name of Jesus Christ..." I felt an intense energy start from my head and go through my hands into her head. I cast out the spirit in the name of Christ and gave the blessing. As I was giving the blessing, I totally forgot where I was and felt completely guided by the Spirit. I have no idea what I said but I know what I felt. The priesthood is real. I know it, as we are worthy to hold that Priesthood, God works through us. She reaffirmed the baptismal date for the 17th of Feb and was set. We said, "When can we come back?" She said, "Tomorrow, I don't want you to leave me for that long." We came back the next day and Adriana (her daughter who thinks she's super hot but she's super not) answered the door. She basically told us that we were bothering her and confusing her mom and bothering the family and if we came back she would call the cops. Garbage. Yolanda told us to come. Anyways, we testified and challenged her to listen to our message. She said, "No." So we left. I HATE WHEN FAMILY INTERFERES WITH SALVATION!!!! IF YOU'RE ONE OF THEM AND YOU'RE READING THIS EMAIL ACCEPT CHRIST AND HUMBLE YOURSELF BEFORE HIM SO HE CAN POUR OUT BLESSINGS FROM THE WINDOWS OF HEAVEN UPON YOU. Sorry. That felt good. I've seen family interfere with Salvation so much it's insane. I hate it.

Anyways, the Peña's got baptized and we'll hopefully start teaching the rest of the family (2 brothers, and a father). They all came to the baptism and loved it. Pray for Yolanda to have an awakening. Pray that we can start teaching the rest of the Peña family.

I love you all and don't want to come home.

-Elder Matt Dial


 

No comments:

Post a Comment