Monday, February 25, 2013

This work is true...and I LOVE it!





Dear Family,

I love this work. It's the greatest. This week was good, though not too eventful… I was an English speaking missionary for two days though.  I went on two English exchanges two days in a row and my Spanish stunk after. That was cool…Not. We taught some really cool people on those exchanges, and I also made another good buddy on the mission. Elder Webster is from Santa Clara, UT. He's super hilarious and goes home in 4 weeks.

Yesterday, we confirmed Juan, Vianca and Silvia. It was super cool. I love when people feel, listen to, and act upon the promptings of the Spirit they receive. I hope to be better at that.

We've started teaching this new family named the Flores family. They are super tight. We did a Harvesting Blessing with them about a month ago and haven't been able to get a hold of them. It was super frustrating because I felt the Spirit when we did it. So, we FINALLY got in with them. We taught the Restoration of the Gospel. We invited them to be baptized. They accepted the invitation. I have had only one chance to teach them but that was only because we were on exchanges. I'm excited to see some progress. The family consists of Reynaldo and Lorena and their daughter Perla (11), super tight family.

We also dropped like 5 investigators at last. We had sooo many who just weren't progressing then they would show a tiny bit of promise....then fall again. We decided it wasn't their time. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up some new investigators from the family of all the investigators who were just baptized.  

 I love this work and their kickin us off the computers. I'm sorry the email is sooo short. This work is true and I love it. I'll say it again and again. Love you all!!

-Elder Matt Dial


No comments:

Post a Comment