Monday, March 4, 2013

Finding the Elect. "If you're looking for everybody, you're looking for nobody."

Recent Converts Mother & Daughter - Rest of Family soon to be baptized.

Sushi


Dear Family,

Missionary work is the absolute most fulfilling thing ever. I love doing this. This week was fun. We probably dropped like 3/4 of our investigators....finally. I was kinda hoping to do it earlier but, sometimes, you get attached to families. We dropped a ton of people. Don't waste time with people who don't want to be baptized. We are really trying to LOOK for and SEARCH for that one specific person who is ready to accept the Gospel. When I say ready, I mean those who will let us in the door, keep commitments, and be baptized. When I say keep commitments, I mean KEEP COMMITMENTS.

As I've grown on my mission, I've learned that not everyone is going to get baptized. ONLY THE ELECT. So, those are the only people we are going to look for. Not the people who are just going to let us in and listen because they are nice people. Those who listen, understand, accept, and live the things we teach are the only people we're going to be spending our time with. There are a lot. Wherever you are, there are the elect wherever you are serving. Ask God in prayer where you need to go. Be worthy of the Spirit, and FOLLOW EVEN THE SLIGHTEST PROMPTING. God wants us to succeed. He doesn't want us to not baptize. He doesn't want us not to have success. THE ONLY THING THAT HOLDS US BACK FROM HAVING SUCCESS/HAPPINESS IN ANYTHING IS OURSELVES. I learned that today.

So many investigators that we dropped were so close but, it's not their time. I have no qualms of going to 0 investigators. We haven’t but its close. Jesus Alfredo is on date for the 17th. He was the only one who came to church. He changed jobs so he could come to church with us. He reads. He prays. He's elect. We'll probably be droppin the Flores family. We've not been able to contact them forever and they haven't come to church yet. Luciano will prolly be dropped here pretty soon too. He is supposed to be baptized, but hasn't come to church for two weeks. He also canceled our appointment with him last week. He could get baptized if he just put forth effort. If he doesn't, stinks for him.

On the lighter side, we have some appointments tonight with some really solid potential families. We blessed a family last night that accepted a date for baptism. As we drop people who are not progressing, rays of sunshine come through the clouds (sorry i went kinda gay there) and we find those elect people D&C 29:7 read it.

Nothin real unusual happened this week. I went on exchanges with one my real good mish buddies, Elder Romney. We are like the same person. He's just a lot skinnier and better looking, and a lot more talented than I am. But, we're buds.

Sorry about the sermon. I just write how I FEEEEL. God is great, the mission is good, and people are crazy ;).

Love you!
-Elder Matthew Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment